A 21-year-old female is admitted to the hospital with intense right lower quadrant pain. Serum labs are drawn and reviewed by the nurse. Which of the following should be reported to the physician?
• Normal WBC count is 4,000-10,000 cells/mm³
• Right lower quadrant pain and an elevated WBC count indicates appendicitis and possible rupture. The physician should be notified immediately to begin antibiotic therapy and treatment
• Normal hemoglobin is 14-18 g/dL for males and 12-16 g/dL for females. The patient's hemoglobin is low, but not critically low
• Normal HCO3 (Bicarbonate) is 22-28 mEq/L
• Normal lactic acid (lactate) is 0.5-2.2 mmol/L
• Hemoglobin is low, but should be compared to the previous result to identify changes