A 50-year-old man is scheduled for a lumbar puncture. Which of the following statements made by the patient indicates that he understands the procedure?
• Lumbar puncture involves the insertion of a needle into the subarachnoid space and the removal of cerebrospinal fluid for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes
• To prevent injury, the patient must not move during the insertion of the needle into the spinal canal. The patient will need to lie on his/her side, curling forward so that the knees are flexed toward the chest with the chin touching the knees
• After the procedure the patient will have to lie flat for 4-8 hours depending on physician, hospital protocol, or if the patient has continued signs of a headache
• Electrical activity associated with innervations of skeletal muscle is measured through electromyography. Electroencephalography involves studying brain waves, not lumbar puncture
• Lumbar puncture does not use dyes to inject into the body