A 60-year old woman was diagnosed with breast cancer and has been treated for 5 years. She is considered at high risk for recurrence but currently shows no evidence of the disease. She is a candidate for adjuvant chemotherapy. Which among the following are chemotherapeutic agents?
• Vincristine is a Vinca alkaloid with its antitumor activity thought to be due primarily to inhibition of mitosis at metaphase through its interaction with tubulin.
• Tamoxifen is an anti-estrogen, chemotherapeutic non-steroidal agent that binds to estrogen receptors, inducing a conformational change in the receptor and is indicated for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer and ductal carcinoma in situ.
• Methotrexate is an anti-metabolite developed as a folic acid analogue that inhibits purine and pyrimidine synthesis, accounting for its efficacy in the therapy of cancer and rheumatoid arthritis.
• Incorrect: Nitroprusside sodium is an antihypertensive and vasodilator.
• Incorrect: Sotalol is a beta-adrenergic blocking agent, commonly used for cardiac disorders.
• Incorrect: Misoprostol suppresses secretion of gastric acid, stimulates production of cytoprotective mucus, and is considered a