A client diagnosed with decompensated heart failure has the nursing diagnosis of risk for anxiety related to fear of death or debilitation. What nursing interventions will help alleviate anxiety?
• Encouraging the client to ask questions provides an open forum for discussion with the client, helping to promote trust and alleviate anxiety.
• By providing information in advance about what interventions are being performed and why, the client will have reduced anxiety about the care provided. This will also increase her knowledge of her condition, making her feel more secure.
• A calm environment decreases additional anxiety.
• Changing position frequently prevents
• Pressure-redistribution mattresses and beds are available to decrease the pressure on the sacrum when the client is sitting up in bed. This promotes tissue integrity.