A client who underwent renal artery bypass surgery had a nursing diagnosis of risk for ineffective tissue perfusion related to inadequate anticoagulation. What nursing intervention would promote renal tissue perfusion and kidney function?
• Acute kidney injury is
• Monitoring serial creatinine levels promotes effective tissue perfusion and kidney function by following
• Maintaining strict I&Os promotes the goal of effective tissue perfusion and kidney function by collecting data on the progression and treatment of the acute kidney injury
• Report red or brown urine. These manifestations are caused by a release of myoglobin secondary to muscle ischemia. This is reported to facilitate intervention to promote tissue perfusion
• Evaluating effectiveness of pain medication helps determine the adequacy of analgesia, not tissue perfusion or kidney function
• Encouraging independence improves both physical and psychological recovery, but not tissue perfusion or kidney function
• Blood and drainage may appear on dressings or beneath the site because of gravity. Monitoring for this is