A newly admitted patient has sustained deep partial-thickness burns to his face and trunk. Which of the following abnormal values can the nurse expect during the emergent phase?
• Due to the fluid shift after a burn injury, the blood becomes concentrated and the hematocrit will be elevated
• Heart rate will increase (not decrease) due to hypovolemia associated with fluid shift (third spacing)
• Potassium levels will increase along with cellular destruction
• Hemoglobin levels will be decreased due to the hemolysis of red blood cells
• Lactic acid level will increase due to impaired tissue perfusion, not decrease