A nurse is caring for a patient in need of birth control. The patient questions the nurse about the diaphragm. Which of the following is correct?
• Acting as a reservoir for spermicide, the diaphragm must be left in place for 6 hours after intercourse to be effective.
• Spermicide is used with the diaphragm.
• Removing the diaphragm immediately after intercourse will decrease its effectiveness.
• The diaphragm is recommended for monogamous women because it does not protect against STDs, only pregnancy.
• Having the diaphragm in place at all times is not recommended.