A nurse is caring for an adult patient with myasthenia gravis. Which of the following nursing diagnosis is a priority for the nurse?
• Extreme muscle weakness that is increased with activity and reduced with
• Primary attention is given to airway clearance since a person with myasthenia gravis can develop respiratory muscle failure
• Incorrect: Ineffective coping may occur, but this is not the priority diagnosis over airway clearance
• Incorrect: Risk for injury in patients with myasthenia gravis is significant, but ineffective airway clearance takes higher importance (A-B-C!)
• Incorrect: Pain is not usually a major problem in patients with myasthenia gravis