A patient diagnosed with a hemorrhagic stroke complains of a severe headache with a sudden onset. Prioritize the next actions:
1. Administer acetaminophen or apply a cold pack to the patient's head.
2. Perform a neuro assessment.
3. Notify the physician.
4. Notify the charge nurse.
• A headache may indicate that the bleeding is worsening. The nurse should perform a complete neuro assessment and then notify the physician. Treatment may be time-sensitive, so the nurse should work fast
• The physician should decide whether a cold pack or acetaminophen is appropriate
• The charge nurse should be updated on the situation after the physician has been notified and