A patient with burn injuries has a carbon monoxide level of 45%. The nurse would expect which of the following based on this carbon monoxide level?
• Nonsmokers can have carbon monoxide levels ranging from 0-5%, smokers can have levels as high as 15%. Levels greater than 15% are considered carbon monoxide toxicity
• 20-30% - Headaches, nausea, vomiting, confusion
• 31-40% - Dizziness, vision problems, tachycardia, tachypnea, hypotension
• 41-50% - Loss of consciousness
• >50% - Seizures, coma, death