In planning postpartum nursing care for a patient with cardiac disease, the nurse would question which of the following physician orders?
• The postpartum patient with cardiac disease is already at risk for fluid overload due to the extra accumulation of fluid from pregnancy.
• An excessive fluid intake in a patient with
• Monitoring input and output of the patient is the top priority of the nurse to prevent the risk of fluid overload.
• Vital signs should be monitored every 2 to 4 hrs to monitor the cardiac condition of the patient.
• High-fiber diet is recommended to prevent constipation and straining.