The nurse is caring for a patient using crutches to ambulate after sustaining a left ankle fracture. Which of the following indicates a complication associated with using crutches to ambulate?
• Pressure on the axillae from crutch use can cause radial nerve damage. This will cause forearm weakness
• Patient's frequently put their weight on the crutch pad, using the axillae for support. This is due to a lack of arm strength
• Leg muscle spasms may occur from increased use, but this is not a complication
• Ankle pain is expected after an ankle fracture
• Right leg weakness may occur from increased use of the unaffected extremity, but this is not a complication