The nurse is providing discharge instructions to a patient with Addison's disease. Which of the following patient statements is correct?
• Addison's disease involves
• A Medic-Alert bracelet provides health care professionals with patient information if the patient is unable to communicate. This should be worn in case of an Addisonian crisis.
• Severe weakness and fatigue are symptoms of adrenocortical insufficiency. The physician should be notified.
• Flu-like symptoms should be reported because infections cause additional stress and an increased steroid dosage may be needed.
• Steroid therapy is lifelong.
• Strenuous exercise should be avoided because this will deplete the body of cortisol.
• Dental and other procedures cause additional stress and may require an increase in steroid therapy.