While providing discharge instructions to a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), the nurse should include which of the following statements?
• SLE is an autoimmune disease that can affect almost any organ.
• People with SLE have an increased risk of infection, so any increase in temperature should be reported to the doctor.
• People with SLE have persistent fatigue, and it's important that they have adequate sleep and make time for naps if needed.
• Ultraviolet light can exacerbate symptoms leading to a flare-up. Sun block and covering the extremities can help.
• Incorrect: Oral corticosteroids are not to be taken PRN or stopped abruptly.
• Incorrect: Intense exercise may cause fatigue and increase muscle pain.