The nurse conducts a community education program on child abuse. Which of the following factor(s) that lower the risk of child abuse would the nurse include in the course material?
• Some examples of primary prevention are well-child care clinics, immunization programs, safety programs, nutrition programs, and parenting classes.
• Parenting skills are learned by example, repetition, practice, and positive reinforcement.
• No one factor is predictive of abuse, including completion or non-completion of high school.
• A large percentage of child abusers were abused themselves. Living with extended family may not provide a good environment for abuse prevention.
• Working full-time has not been shown to prevent child abuse.